Sonoma Weather: 52.6°F | Humidity: 83% | Pressure: 30.14in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

European Vacation
updated: Aug 17, 2011, 11:19 AM

By EMI Photo

Since I can't get my friends and family to look at my vacation photos I thought I'd post them here

1. and 2 are shot from the "Eye of London"

Big Ben and the Parliament building.

A graffiti zone where the public is welcome to express their artistic side (mentioned in a related thread recently)

I didn't test it

We need cool trains in the US!

Just outside Wiesbaden

ET

The Catacombs - thats a lot of bones!

Chateau Chantilly

If "The Dude" owned a chocolate shop

COMMENT 204822P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 11:41 AM

If you adopt me, I'd be happy to view all your vacation photos. :) I loved what I saw, keep them coming. You take great shots!

COMMENT 204825P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 11:44 AM

They do not know what they are missing. Great shots, thanks for posting them.

COMMENT 204827 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 11:47 AM

Wonderful shots! Thanks for posting them.

COMMENT 204836 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:13 PM

Nice captions too!

COMMENT 204846 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:28 PM

Thanks a bunch. These are really nice pictures. I especially enjoyed the ones from London, my home town. :-) More please.

COMMENT 204848 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:36 PM

Great shots but I didn't see the Hogwarts Express !! You didn't happen to see kids walking through a wall did ya ?

COMMENT 204851 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:41 PM

Really cool pics! Why doesn't your family want to see them? The Eye is just amazing overlooking the city like that. The grafiiti wall is also really cool. I wonder if Jeff de Bruges has a bowling alley inside.

COMMENT 204852 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:43 PM

Shakey, who wants to know? You trying to give intel to L. Voldemort? I did actually see HP7.2 (3D) in Paris

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm available for weddings and bar mitzvahs too (especially in Europe, small travel fee required)

EMI

COMMENT 204855 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:52 PM

I liked your photos a lot--thanks for posting!

COMMENT 204859 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 12:56 PM

Spectacular photo of Le tour Eiffel, feel like I'm looking up its skirt!! oh la la!

COMMENT 204862 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:00 PM

Great pics! but are they relevant to this community?

COMMENT 204863P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:01 PM

Wonderful pictures. You got our daughter all excited about our trip to Europe next summer.

COMMENT 204865 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:04 PM

862: I am a member of this community, I chose to share them, Ed chose to post them and others seem to be receiving them well so I'd say yes, they are relevant.

I'm sorry if you feel your time was wasted.

EMI

COMMENT 204868 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:09 PM

Fun! It is nice to have happy things to look at!

COMMENT 204876 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:21 PM

Great Photos, please post more :)

CHERIDIANE agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 01:23 PM

Excellent pictures. Love your humor. Laughed out loud at chocolate shop owner Jeff de Bruges aka The Dude. Hey, even ED was there.

THE BARRON agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 02:11 PM

Super-pics.

I've been to most of those famous places and it makes me want to return immediately.

Thanks!

COMMENT 204929 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 02:45 PM

I wanna go. Man, was the Thames muddy or what!?

COMMENT 204935 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 02:51 PM

Great pics. England is a beautiful place with lots to see. The eye on England is very cool

COMMENT 204959 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 03:46 PM

The evening shots of Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower are just great!...all the pics are very good, thanks for sharing!

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 05:18 PM

Nice pic's I especally like the graffiti art.

COMMENT 205045 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-17 07:34 PM

"We need cool trains in the US!" How true!

Too bad that no one is out of work in America who could be put to work building them!

COMMENT 205099 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 07:20 AM

Hey 862 ....yes these photos are important and relevent. Let's try to find the common ground here. Just because the man's family is distanceing them selves from this insuferable boor does not mean this this is not the right forum for validating this man's right to have a voice. These are great photos. Where else is this man or other's like him to go??? As he likes to say everyday.."but enough about me...what do you think about me??" Just turn the other cheek and send in your own mind numbing shots of your vacation, or your kids, or back yard flower arrangement. If you can't beat them.....hey join them! No worries....be happy. Just saying.

COMMENT 205100 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 07:23 AM

I love the London Eye and seeing your pics brought back fond memories of my trip there with my daughter - with the high prices in Europe and my being unemployed I may never get to go again so thanks!

The Graffiti wall is an interesting idea too.

RAINE5360 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 07:39 AM

These are unusually good vacation photos, looks like a lot of fun, but what a shame your friends & fam don't appreciate them.

COMMENT 205119 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 08:09 AM

Don't take EMI so seriously about his family not wanting to see his pictures.

That's just a joke IMHO....everybody always jokes about how boring the typical vacation pictures are...and how most people go to all lengths to keep from getting roped in to watch them....kinda like the slide shows of old...

I imagine that EMI's family and friends are enjoying his photos in fine fashion....probably on Facebook :)

COMMENT 205142P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 08:40 AM

Great photos! Thanks so much for thinking of us, in "this community".

COMMENT 205145P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 08:44 AM

Great shots! What a pleasure to see. Thanks for sharing.

SBROCKS agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 09:37 AM

Beautiful! Have you thought about joining the Channel City Camera Club here in Santa Barbara? They have monthly competitions that your images would do well at. Great group of people too.

COMMENT 205513 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-18 06:57 PM

Superb photos. Will you take me along next time? I want to go out behind Jeff de Bruges to see if there's a labyrinth. LOLing that friends and family didn't want to see the photos. Thinking back to years ago when the screen was raised (remember the sound?) and the projector was swung into position...yawwwwwn...groooooaann...

33% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.