Sonoma Weather: 59.7°F | Humidity: 92% | Pressure: 30.18in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

CAT OF THE WEEK

Bertha
updated: Jan 19, 2013, 9:00 AM

By ASAP

ASAP is excited to announce the "Top 10 for $10" adoption promotion!! As a little incentive to get the kitties who have been at the shelter the longest into their forever homes, their adoption fee is just $10 until they are adopted!

MEET BERTHA!! Bertha has been at ASAP longer than any other cat and we don't know why! She is only four years old, very healthy, playful, outgoing, fun, and agile. She was transferred to ASAP from the Santa Maria shelter when she had be available for adoption there for a year, her two-year shelter-anniversary is coming up in June. It is her time to find a forever home! She doesn't mind the presence of small dogs. However, her main requirement: She be the only cat in your home...is that too hard to ask for? Her coat is silky soft and she enjoys human attention; she is also very food motivated, so watch your cookies!! Bertha can be your indoor and outdoor companion. You can see from her photos that she is quite the character! Please come and meet her at 5473 Overpass Road off Patterson today - now is the time as she is available for adoption for only $10!!

2013-01-19 09:02 AM

What a beautiful girl! Hope she gets that forever home ASAP!

2013-01-19 09:07 AM

I really hope someone gives her a forever home. I'm out of the running because I have a cat.

2013-01-19 09:45 AM

If I didn't already have two cats, both rescues, I'd take her in a heartbeat. She looks like a real sweetie!

2013-01-19 09:49 AM

Great looking tabby. I love curious kitties.

BEACHBIKER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 10:25 AM

She looks like a fabulous cat that I would consider adopting except that I already have one from ASAP - a great organization.

2013-01-19 01:33 PM

She is beautiful! Tabby cats are smart, affectionate, curious, loving wonderful companions. If you decide to share your life with one, you'll never regret it. [My spouse is intensely allergic to cats, but a gorgeous cat similar to this adopted us during a difficult time, and we both still miss her every day. She enriched our life for her last 8 years.]

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-19 03:32 PM

Beautiful kitty and what cute pictures. I'm always so sad when I read of cats who've been in the shelter for so long. I would go in and just ask for the ones who have ben there longest if I could. I already have two alumnae of ASAP that I know she wouldn't care for otherwise I'd get her in a heartbeat. On a happier note - I sponsored two kitties in December and just got a card the other day that one has been adopted. Now I'm waiting to get the second card-----anyone??

2013-01-20 07:39 AM

I'm interested in adopting and will stop by on my lunch hour on Monday.

SBANDTO agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 08:33 AM

We love our ASAP cat. Such a great organization and so many wonderful cats available. Cheers to you 365441, I know you will be happy with your new companion!

UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-20 08:36 AM

I wish we could take her home. We have three kitties already. The latest is the famous Brutus from ASAP.

2013-01-20 10:22 AM

Whoever you are 441, thanks for looking! I hope this little girl melts your heart!

2013-01-20 10:54 AM

Hi 441, that is wonderful that you are interested in Bertha, but the shelter is closed on Monday for MLK Day, but will be open on Tuesday when they are back to regular days/hours. I volunteer at ASAP and can vouch for Bertha. She and our other cats are beauties waiting for a loving home. Many thanks for considering Bertha.

2013-01-21 11:17 AM

Bertha is a beauty and what a great belly!! I have two already, but will stop out and give her a pet. I would love to meet her before she goes to her forever home (which I know will happen soon) Thanks EdHat!

2013-01-24 11:31 PM

Did she get a home?

57% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.