Sonoma Weather: 63.2°F | Humidity: 54% | Pressure: 30.36in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 4.0mph [forecast]

New Year's Resolutions
updated: Jan 02, 2013, 11:56 AM

I'm tired of the boring New Year's resolution that everyone talks about each year. Lose weight, get healthy, diet, etc. Are there any unique resolutions out there?

PURPLERIDER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-02 12:01 PM

My only resolution this year was to stop making new years resolutions.

So far, so good.....

2013-01-02 12:08 PM

I personally think everyone else's resolutions are boring, regardless, but that's just me.

Actually, no. Let me amend that...it's the fact that nobody keeps a resolution that I find boring.

It's more like New Year's Pontifications.

2013-01-02 12:08 PM

My resolution is to show more love and forgiveness. And not get angry at drivers.

2013-01-02 12:14 PM

I resolve to gain weight.

2013-01-02 12:19 PM

random acts of kindness.

2013-01-02 12:25 PM

"My New Year's Resolution is to be more positive and less sarcastic... Like I won't screw that up right away." Ha, ha, ha. Describes me perfectly.

2013-01-02 12:41 PM

No New Years resolutions here, only New Years intentions.

2013-01-02 12:54 PM

My resolution is to keep my truck clean so that my boss will stop yelling at me about it. And....I won't laugh when the Prius customers ask me if I know how to jump start their cars. Prius=job security - I need to be more grateful about that.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-02 12:56 PM

To buy a woodchipper.

2013-01-02 01:06 PM

My new years revolution is too stop corecting peepul wen there grammer is bad or there apostrophe's are wrong or they mispell in a edhat comment.

2013-01-02 01:07 PM

My resolution is to take one riding lesson a month on my horse.

2013-01-02 02:15 PM

piano lessons!

2013-01-02 02:16 PM

I'm paying off my debt of many years by April and learning how to aerial dance! First on the list after that is to buy an I-Phone :)

2013-01-02 02:35 PM

What's aerial dancing? That sounds awesome!

2013-01-02 02:44 PM

as a horse, i will avoid all riding lessons.

2013-01-02 03:02 PM

@ 364P: Here's a description on one class offered at Santa Barbara Centre for Aerial Arts:

Comprehensive Aerial Arts: A meticulously thorough approach to the art of aerial dancing, this class will highlight a different apparatus each week, building strength, skill, and choreography as we explore the architecture of fabrics, corde lisse, trapeze, lyra, sling, tight wire, invented apparatus and aerial partnering. The perfect class for students new to the world of aerial arts, or committed to a well-rounded training regimen.

2013-01-02 03:15 PM

to sink a panga

2013-01-02 03:23 PM

I hope mine is not unique. I pledged not to shop WalMart again until they reform their business practices and resolve their labor problems.

2013-01-02 03:36 PM

To appreciate each moment and not complain since I have absolutely nothing to complain about (and it does no good if I did).

2013-01-02 04:15 PM

Get out of debt by the end of 2013.

2013-01-02 05:21 PM

I'm going to seduce a fireman. (But don't worry I won't start a fire to get attention.)

2013-01-02 05:44 PM

I will not try out for Dancing With The Stars, no matter how much they beg me.

SHAKEY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-02 08:02 PM

314) Tank Q

2013-01-03 12:57 PM

Take up fencing again. Perhaps not as cool as comprehensive aerial arts, but it's still pretty cool and a more practical sport for most people who want a good physical and mental workout.

2013-01-03 07:37 PM

Start taking yoga classes from the Iyengar Yoga Studio - if you really want to make a healthy and strong change in YOU, then give Iyengar Yoga a chance! The name comes from Mr Iyengar, a man alive and well - aged 94! - and doing yoga every day at his home in India! I'll have some of what he's having! You've got a great little Iyengar Studio right here in Santa Barbara!

48% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 7 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.

Comments on this thread are only open to Community Members.