Sonoma Weather: 61.8°F | Humidity: 77% | Pressure: 29.92in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 5.0mph [forecast]

CAT OF THE WEEK

Co Co
updated: Jan 05, 2013, 9:00 AM

My cat Co Co is special because she hides from me, and when called, jumps out, tags me and runs to hide again.

She is a one year old ASPC rescue cat given to me as a present to help me recover from losing my dear Rocket, a Border Collie who passed last year from cancer. It took a little time for her to adjust to the routine here as we have Jazz, our resident male and Sassafras, our female alpha. A few cat fights later settled CoCo into her new home. She has toys that she drags all over the house. Her favorite at the moment is Ellis The Elephant, a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is. Our favorite game at the moment is chase the laser light.

2013-01-05 09:34 AM

Long may he play!!

2013-01-05 09:52 AM

What a beautiful coat! She looks like fun.

2013-01-05 10:51 AM

She is exquisite. What an amazing face.

2013-01-05 04:53 PM

Really great photos.

I want Edhat readers to know I submitted photos of my kitties this week but was informed of a new policy. Edhat will no longer post photos of dogs & cats unless they are lost or found.

So even though in 2012 I had 18 posts of Buddy & Bob, and Ewe & Hugh, in 2013 you might only see them two or three times. All photos of dogs & cats will be posted on Saturdays under D or C of the week, as they are received.

2013-01-05 05:49 PM

Sounds like a decent policy Dan. After all, this isn't a cat/dog website. I like it being limited to Cat and Dog of the week on the weekend and if I'm craving more fuzzy cuteness I'll go on youtube and look up puppies.

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-05 10:37 PM

CoCo is adorable! I love the backlit ears photo!

2013-01-06 03:58 AM

She kind of reminds me of my last kitty cat. I photographed him on a deep maroon background as well. So glad I have all those nice photos of him, Sure miss him.

Your kitty looks happy and healthy. Lucky cat to have found you.

My guy was from ASAP. It's so great now that everyone is rescuing cats and dogs. Hooray for adoption.

2013-01-06 06:28 AM

To your Co Co from our Co Co: What's in a name? Lots! Our Coco is Coco Channel only when she has had a bath and is fresh and fluffy. She is Coco-nut when she darts back and forth and runs around in circles. She is Coco Loco when she baps and paws and chews on my hand. And she is a dog! A former homeless street dog from La Purisima, Mexico who is most proud to have three names and a safe happy home. So from our Coco to your Co Co, Feliz Año!

2013-01-06 07:13 AM

What a beautiful cat.

UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 07:54 AM

What a beautiful kitty. You are so lucky!----I, for one, would love to watch Dan's kitties grow and change. I hope our happy little community doesn't become all tied up with strict rules.

PRAIRIEFEMME agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 11:34 AM

I'm sorry the Edhat policy has changed on publishing dog and cat photos. I enjoy seeing them and especially following Dan's new kitties. If the post label makes it clear it's photos of dogs or cats, the reader can just pass over it if not interested. It didn't seem to me there were enough of these submissions to cause a space problem?

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 12:53 PM

She'e really lovely! Partial to torti and tabby mixes myself.

but...to think we'd never have been able to get to know Dan's remarkable companions, then console Dan on his double loss? unthinkable.

I agree that a well-titled post is all that's need. Local critters rule, both domestic and wild. If animals are no longer considered to be part of our edhat online community, I think it's a shame, really.

2013-01-06 03:48 PM

What a shame. I would much prefer cat/dog pictures to sunset/sunrise pictures, or neck tattooed perps. This used to be a family of readers. Sorry the tradition of community is ending. (PS How about birds and wildlife?)

CANON4 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 04:34 PM

Re Dan39's comment: No more posting of animal photos? Some of us Ed subscribers have dog & cat family members as important to our community as any sunset photos. So what's up with that new policy?

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 06:47 PM

I agree with all those who want to keep dog and cat pictures. I look forward to those as a welcome relief from the arguing,criticism, and snarky comments. I especially want to see pictures of Dan's babies growing up. Looking back, when Dan was posting about the loss of Bob and Buddy it seemed to draw us together as a community - something most sites like this don't have.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-06 06:54 PM

I forgot to add that CoCo is a beauty! And Seedlady - I totally agree. I have a torti-tabby myself.

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-07 10:03 AM

My 2 cents: I agree that if any nature picture, potato bug, sunrise and sunset is posted, animal pics should be too. I also miss them.

2013-01-07 10:10 AM

I so appreciate all of the loving posts in favor of my sweet CoCo, and feel privledged that she was selected as the last cat of the week under a new policy, and hope that all kitties in the past will remain published and visible. Perhaps someone out there with the know how and vigor will start an online publication dedicated to animals alone. I would willingly be the first to sign up with with a healthy money donation. Anyway, thanks to Ed Hat for their wonderful gift to the community, a publication that gives news that you can't get anywhere else, and thanks to the contributors out there that are on the job 24/7. your online junkie, Tex

2013-01-07 10:35 AM

Coco is beautiful - what eyes!! Love the ROAR picture :)
I say keep the pics of the cats coming!

58% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.