Sonoma Weather: 34.6°F | Humidity: 83% | Pressure: 30.29in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

DOG OF THE WEEK

Rocket
updated: Dec 15, 2012, 9:00 AM

He is a red merle, 11 month old. LOVES other dogs. Good with cats. He is hearing imparied which is common when they breed merle to merle.. It took 3 days realize it because he blended so perfectly with my dogs. One night we came home and he was so fast asleep that even our chaos didn't wake him up and that's when I realized. He is a little shy of new people but once warmed up he never leaves your side.

He needs a home with active humans and a canine friend to play with. He knows "sit" and "come" with hand signals. My own deaf dog knows 10 commands as well as what I am thinking. I have had Rocket off leash at the beach and he watches me and comes right back. He weighs 29 lbs and has a tail.

Please call 805 896-1859. Serious inquiries ONLY.

2012-12-15 09:08 AM

He's a beauty! Hope he finds a forever home for the holidays.

2012-12-15 01:17 PM

Beautiful boy. Wish my rescue was good with other dogs, but he is not. Hopefully someone will fall in love and he will find a forever home. By the way nanny. This is a great use for the dog of the week!!! Keep them coming.

2012-12-15 03:26 PM

An adoptable dog of the week! What a great idea.

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-15 04:26 PM

Oh what a handsome boy!!!!

2012-12-16 09:59 AM

How do I get in touch with you to see Rocket? Thanks, dean mars

2012-12-16 10:17 AM

Is he a mini aussie size? As 29lbs at 11 months is small. I had a deaf vision limited border collie ( once again the merle to merle breeding resulting in a homozygous merle) Anyway she was an awesome dog and her " handicaps" in no way held her back. If I was not leaving on a Christmas trip I would consider Rocket as my two love Aussies.

ANIMALLISTNER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-16 12:19 PM

Hi Dean, we will be calling you this evening..... Thank you for your interest in this special fur baby.

2012-12-19 11:17 AM

Great use of Dog of the Week! Rocket is adorable and I know there is a warm and loving home waiting for him in this community! Big rubs to you Rocket!

63% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.