Sonoma Weather: 69.7°F | Humidity: 45% | Pressure: 30.15in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 11.0mph [forecast]

Local Stories by Local People
updated: Nov 23, 2012, 4:12 PM

Did you know that ostrich is a lean red meat? If the lessened fat made you healthier, is it something you would eat?

External Link

2012-11-23 04:19 PM

2012-11-23 05:34 PM

I don't know about ostrich, but bison meat is delicious and lean.

2012-11-23 05:45 PM

Yes. Good jerky can be made from the meat.

Google Ostrich recipe

2012-11-23 06:07 PM

No, gross. When I see the Bison with their young and the Ostrich roaming free on the ranches behind Sant Ynez the thought of eating either one makes me sick.

2012-11-23 08:07 PM

Last time I had an ostrich burger was in a stripper bar in Vancouver BC. The stripper was game but the burger was gamey!

2012-11-23 08:45 PM

285 - am glad it was the stripper who wasn't gamey.

2012-11-24 01:54 AM

257.....I guess it doesn't bother you that you are eating the cows that you drive by up there...

SHOREBIRD agree helpful negative off topic

2012-11-24 10:42 AM

Ostrich tastes like mild beef. If it had a gamey taste it was old and rotting. Old chicken, beef and pork tastes gamey too.

2012-11-25 08:04 AM

371P No, sorry, no guilty conscience here. It does not bother me one bit to drive by grazong cattle because I do not eat meat, period.

I hate the odour of red meat cooking and every thing else about it.

Growing up I remember pheasants left hanging for days so they could become gamey enough to be eaten; shuddering and averting my eyes as I rapidy passed by this babaric scene.

44% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.