Sonoma Weather: 59.0°F | Humidity: 79% | Pressure: 29.95in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 2.0mph [forecast]

CAT OF THE WEEK

Puma
updated: Oct 27, 2012, 9:00 AM

Puma is an old, lovable cat (we think she's over 20 years old!). When we moved into our house, she lived next door, but our neighbors told us that she used to live in our house before her previous owners moved away and didn't take her along. Once our neighbors moved away, she moved in with us and has been a wonderful addition ever since! Puma loves playing in the sprinklers on a hot sunny day, watching the sunset every evening from the patio, and snuggling during cold winter nights.

2012-10-27 09:05 AM

She's darling! I'm so glad you took her in. When I was a shelter volunteer, I never could understand the people who turned in their pets, saying, "I'm moving and I can't take them with me." That would be like leaving my child behind.

2012-10-27 11:08 AM

I've seen an old cat like Puma on Ferrelo Rd that also looked like her owners had abandoned her. Glad she has someone to take care of her.

ANIMALLISTNER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-27 11:24 AM

pretty kitty!

2012-10-27 12:25 PM

She likes sprinklers! And she's very pretty.

2012-10-27 01:35 PM

The very first thing that popped into my head when I saw her picture was Mehitabel the Alley Cat from Archie and Mehitabel. She is just precious and long may she enjoy her sprinklers. 096P, I totally agree.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-27 03:57 PM

She's a beautiful girl and I'm so glad she has a home with you. I just can't understand people moving away and leaving their cat.That said, we got one of our best kitties back in the '50s when the previous owner of our house moved and the cat, by choice, chose not to stay with them. Jumped against our back door the night we moved in and was with us for 7 years.

2012-10-27 04:33 PM

Love your story on how this cat became your pal. One of my best cats was "inherited" in the same way. He lived a long, full life. Never a moment's worry. I miss him

Please be sure and "take care" of your kitty and don't let her live past her time. I have friends who are holding on to their ancient cat . . .trying for some kind of age record almost. It is not a good thing to do.

2012-10-27 07:28 PM

I think we should have a fun Cat Team vs. the Dog Team contest in November to see which team can provide more paid subsciber referrals for Edhat. All in fun but with the sincere desire to support Edhat. I'll volunteer as a Dog Team member (who loves kitties too.) If it's a tie, let the Edhat Dog make the final determination with a ball chase selection trial. I know it will be fair as long as the Edhat dog does not know the reason for the contest. Shhh! What a fun way to generate new subcriptions! Cheerleaders for the contest can be the two new kitties that (the guy who likes to paddle canoes) adopted this summer. I forget his name. Dignified cheerleaders..cats like to be dignified..most of the time. Chime in here!

UPONTHEHILL agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-28 07:22 AM

What a wonderful kitty! love her face!-----I think the contest idea sounds like fun.

2012-10-28 10:24 AM

Is this Puma aka Tute of Cheltenham Rd fame? Glad she's still with us!

2012-10-28 10:29 AM

Does she have a lion's mane--a fur ruff? The local neighborhood dog, who was footloose and a wanderer, ran up and down our stairs and deck at the house we had just bought 16 years ago. She was familiar with the house because she and her family had rented the house before it was sold to us. This was fortuitous because when her family moved away and she became homeless, we were able to adopt her and she had continuity in her life. She was my favorite lifeform for 12 years until she joined the hereafter. I like to visualize her on a solar wind stream blowing past Earth. I'm certain Puma enriched your lives when she joined your family. It was destiny.

2012-10-28 02:03 PM

Your family and Puma are lucky to have each other!

2012-10-29 10:20 AM

Looks like she might have some maine coon in her with that gorgeous mane! She's absolutely beautiful. And while it sucks the old owners gave her up, obviously it was for the best as you ended up with her. :)

2012-10-29 12:26 PM

The best pets are those who choose you and she is a beautiful gift.

THUMPER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-29 02:09 PM

I'm so glad you adopted her... never can understand why folks leave their "4-pawed" dependents behind. Most of them wouldn't dream of leaving their 2-legged dependents (aka as children) behind!

53% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.