Sonoma Weather: 72.4°F | Humidity: 53% | Pressure: 30.06in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 4.0mph [forecast]

Come Fly Away With Me
updated: Oct 21, 2012, 7:30 PM

A subscriber submitted pictures from the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.

2012-10-21 10:58 PM

Amazing photos! As a child my dad took us horseback riding in New Mexico. We didn't know where we were going and I had my first glimpse of a hot air balloon. He let us think we were going to soar above the desert. It instilled a desire to one day do just that. I'll have to check this out next year!

TROLLEY TOM agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-22 07:32 AM

Great photos of a very wonderful event. Worth the trip to see this.....totally enjoyed it several years ago. Recommend.

OAKTREE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-22 12:16 PM

Always wanted to see this. Thank you so much for the geat photos!

2012-10-22 04:10 PM

When traveling to Albuquerque, stay at Hotel Parq Central. It's a wonderful old hospital built in 1926, totally renovated into a hotel in 2010. That's the only place in Albuquerque my husband and I stay when doing research at University of New Mexico.

AUNTIE S. agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-22 04:50 PM

Beautiful shots. Thank you. I've always wanted to see it but, alas,not so far.

2012-10-23 09:06 AM

Beautiful! They look so free, floating way up there. I have been to a couple of balloon festivals and I think I remember hearing that every balloon is a unique design. Anybody know if that is true?

67% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.