Sonoma Weather: 58.4°F | Humidity: 82% | Pressure: 29.99in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 2.0mph [forecast]

Sign Up For Edhat Flash Photography Fun

Flash Friday Sweetness!
updated: Oct 19, 2012, 10:09 AM

By Edhat Subscribers

It's Friday and we're ready for some Flash Sweetness. The Edhat Staff is craving something sweet, send us a photo of what your sweet tooth desires. Send all photos to flash@edhat.com

Please send photos as jpegs. All other formats may not be received.

2012-10-19 11:03 AM

coconut cream or banana cream pie? drool...

2012-10-19 11:18 AM

Dear Skittles person, My OCD is twitching. Please tell me you ate the yellow one, and put the green at the end of the line of greens.
Sincerely, mellowcreme pumpkin girl

2012-10-19 11:35 AM

im glad my sweet tooth doesnt crave cats and dogs...

2012-10-19 11:39 AM

I can feel my blood sugar rising just looking at these pictures.

Is that really a 72oz bag of Nestle chocolate chips?

2012-10-19 12:03 PM

nice vintage stove! What are the backed goodies?

Feel fortunate to have been able to score an old 40's O&M with griddle and Grill-o-vator back in the 70'S. Alas, it is long gone. Hope it is still in service somewhere among the rentals of SLO.

2012-10-19 12:07 PM

Dear, mellowcreme pumpkin girl,

...certainly did. Then ate one progressively off each column until the last single green one went.

What, do you think I'm crazy? ;-)

2012-10-19 12:12 PM

267P: You just made my day. :)

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 12:12 PM

Get out of my head, Mellowcreme Pumpkin Girl!!!!!

@267P, please don't toy with us like that! Thank you for taking mercy and explaining how you took care of the issue. Whew, my stress level was just relieved.

OK...I have to say to the owner of the Trader Joe's Almond Butter, don't eat it until you have checked the peanut butter recall list!!! Trader Joe's Almond, Cashew and Peanut Butter are on the list for the Salmonella outbreak. Yikes!

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 12:27 PM

That almond butter wasn't effected, but thanks for the reminder!

2012-10-19 01:24 PM

Love the parrot!

2012-10-19 01:43 PM

Love the one with the bird. Reminds me of the movie "whatever happened to baby jane".

p.s. I have an old O&M stove we just removed from our house. Don't know what to do with it!

2012-10-19 01:50 PM

I don't understand the cat and dog pics. Meat isn't sweet. It's savory.

I kid, I kid.

I'm looking guiltily at the gigantic bag of candy I bought for trick or treaters. This house has had exactly one trick-or-treater in my lifetime. A friend brought his little brother 25 years ago on their way to a denser neighborhood. My grandma had some dietetic candy and it was either that or an apple. Ever since, it's been a family tradition to buy a bag of Halloween candy "just in case".

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 01:54 PM

I love parrots and cupcakes...just not together. ;-)

The O&M stoves are so awesome, had one in my first SB house...loved that old thing.

Aren't nut butters supposed to be refrigerated?

Are those pumpkins 'candy corn'...if so, I'm dying for one!

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 01:55 PM

@328...hahahahahaaa, we do the same thing!

2012-10-19 02:00 PM

I'm the owner of the cat. She is marbled with fat and we've always joked how sweet and succulent she would be. Hope no edhatters show up at our house expecting dinner!

2012-10-19 02:02 PM

Thanks Seedlady! These are homemade snickerdoodles and for some reason, this old stove cooks them better than any other stove I've used. Except, I have to rotate anything I bake or else the back will burn to a crisp.

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 02:11 PM

I've never refrigerated my nut butters (nor mayonnaise) and I've never had a problem. My mom didn't when I was a kid, that's probably why I don't.

2012-10-19 02:23 PM

"I have an old O&M stove we just removed from our house. Don't know what to do with it!" Maybe you should post a photo, or list it on CL. Those are great old stoves, we have one (a narrow one) too. We used to have a large one and I'm sorry we didn't take it with us when we moved.

JAZZEE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 02:25 PM

This is slightly off-topic, but I think it's sweet that Edhat was voted best Santa Barbara-based Website in the Independent's 2012 Best of Santa Barbara Readers' Poll. (Independent.com was the finalist.) Go Edhat!

2012-10-19 03:30 PM

Love the parrot !

2012-10-19 03:49 PM

@NATURE BOY....you mean, before they're opened, right?

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 03:54 PM

And after. All through my childhood it was done that way, and i'm still here 43 years later!!

2012-10-19 04:13 PM

Wait, what the?....you DON'T put your mayo in the fridge after opening?....nahhh, it can't be true. We've all been brainwashed into thinking anything made with mayo will kill you dead at a picnic if left out and you ate it! Is this another myth of youth de-bunked?, like no swimming for one hour after eating? Oh, I'm so confused.

2012-10-19 04:53 PM

HA...when I saw the skittles I counted them. I like to eat them in even numbers. Now you have me thinking color...oh my!

YIN YANG agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 05:09 PM

ROTFL at the parrots! LOVE those pics!

I have 2 good friends who are pseudo-OCD enough that I know how deeply the skittles pic would've upset them (I'm not making light of OCD, but they do mention stuff like this while not being at all disabled by their proclivities).

Mayo can be left out for a few days; it's acidic enough to prevent bacterial growth, especially home-made. But not ever fridging? hmmmm. Not me.

Thanks for the laughs of the day! I love Flash Photo.
And I have 2 bags of fun size Snickers in the fridge, ALL for me. hey, they were on sale.

2012-10-19 05:26 PM

Hey 335 Kitty Owner:
I have been joking with my various pets for decades, wondering how their thighs would taste roasted! Cat or dog, when they're really relaxed and I'm petting them and stretching out their limbs, I'll hold a thigh and comment on it. Plump is good. :-)

D8VANILLA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-19 05:56 PM

@250 - 72oz bag of Choco Chips from Costco...

2012-10-19 10:49 PM

It's 10:45pm, I had such a go-go-go day, I couldn't even look at Edhat! Now I am ready to make a "Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Caramel Frosting" (recipe is on JustaPinch website). Must use up the organic zukes I grew.

I almost talked myself out of baking so late, and then I looked at these photos . . .Thanks for the inspiration.

And all of the great laughs!

P.S. (@325. PLEASE put your stove on Craigslist and Edhat. I will be looking. I need a new stove.)

2012-10-21 11:07 AM

If the O&M stove is in good shape and clean, it will be valuable.These are in demand among collectors and refurbishers. You can have them re-chromed and enameled in the color of your choice.

I hope you find a good and loving home for it!
(is it one with the stovetop griddle?) Oven was a bit small but the grill-o-vator broiler was brilliant. I LOVED the simmer burners on the top--worked very well with my waterless cookware. Modern stove tops seem to be designed for high BTU's as if cooking were 'all-wok, all the time'. Trouble is, all the pilot lights. Mine had 7!

59% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.