Sonoma Weather: 69.0°F | Humidity: 71% | Pressure: 30.10in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [forecast]

DOG OF THE WEEK

Meet Mi-T
updated: Oct 20, 2012, 9:00 AM

Mi-T weighed in at 3 1/2 lbs. when he was found running the "mean streets" of Lompoc, many years ago. He was adopted from D.A.W.G. I used to sneer at people owning small dogs, but now I am evangelical and proselytize about the joys of owning a tiny dog.

Mi-T rides in my daypack when I am on my bicycle or riding MTD (he's on the "DL" then). He goes to restaurants, movie theaters and rides the Shuttle Bus, too. People never suspect he is there, as he is always quiet.

Chewing on homegrown sunflower stalks is one of his favorite pastimes. He is my protector, my constant companion, my "hot water bottle" when the weather dictates. Who knew so much love and happiness could come in such a small package?

2012-10-20 09:38 AM

Yay Mi-T! Mi-T, and his mom, are both awesome beings who are fun to be around , and Mi-T is an example of a bigger than life small dog who holds his own in every setting!

2012-10-20 09:39 AM

He's adorable!

2012-10-20 11:31 AM

Too cute for words. I am a big dog lover, but Mi-T could possibly make even me a convert.

2012-10-20 12:21 PM

I love big dogs but I certainly envy people like you being able to bring your best friend with you practically everywhere!

SUMMERTIME agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-20 07:08 PM

what a little sweetheart, both of you are so lucky to have found each other....

2012-10-20 08:12 PM

Mi-T cute!

BONNER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-21 01:22 PM

A movie theatre, are you kidding? Love dogs of all sizes and shapes but don't feel they belong in every public venue no matter how cute and this one's a cutie!

THUMPER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-22 09:43 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

2012-10-22 10:54 AM

Whats wrong with dogs at he movies? People bring their noisy kids. Some people have pets as their children.

2012-10-22 05:55 PM

Mi-T went to see "The Avengers" at the Imax Theatre. He thought it was too loud, but really liked The Hulk.

70% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.