Sonoma Weather: 57.0°F | Humidity: 80% | Pressure: 29.93in (Rising) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

Eastern Sierras
updated: Oct 17, 2012, 8:48 PM

By Denise Dewire

I headed to the Eastern Sierras where I'll be taking a photography workshop. Color is fantastic and here's a couple of images for you to enjoy!

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-17 11:22 PM

Gorgeous! I wish we had a real changing of the colors here.

Thanks for sharing and please keep them coming!

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-18 07:16 AM

Beautiful Denise as always....so wish I could have tagged along this weekend...keep 'em coming so we can go along with you on your adventure...

2012-10-18 07:56 AM

I'm jealous... I've had a fall workshop in the E. Sierras on my mind for a couple of years now. Which one will you be attending? You're going to come away with some amazing photos.

2012-10-18 08:04 AM

If I didn't live in Santa Barbara, I would live in the Eastern Sierra. It is one of the most wonderful places on earth. So much interesting geology, flora and fauna. Oh, and the skiing! Nice photos, thanks for posting.

RDH agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-18 08:57 AM

I asked my son the other day whether he thought fall colors were in bloom, so to speak, in the Sierras. You have provided a pleasing and delightful answer.

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-18 10:00 AM

RDH...the area is at it's peak right now!!! Check out this link for up to minute reports of Fall color in California....

2012-10-18 11:30 AM

Aqua - yes, wish you were here too! Next year!!

733 - Michael Frye, who is very well known for his fantastic images in Yosemite.

57% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.