Sonoma Weather: 58.7°F | Humidity: 89% | Pressure: 30.16in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

ASK EDDA

Mystery Ink
updated: Oct 13, 2012, 1:30 PM

Dear Edda,

A few weeks ago I went out drinking with my buddies. We started out in town, but ended up in LA in the morning. I'm not exactly sure what went on because I was pretty hammered. The guys were making jokes in the morning and all the way home, and I went along because I didn't want them to know how foggy I was. The worst part came when I took off my shirt to take a shower and found that I had gotten a tattoo on my chest. It is a heart with some initials inside. But I don't know whose initials they are. I have kept my shirt on, and I listen very carefully whenever my friends joke about that night, but I can't figure out whose initials are on my chest. Edda, what should I do?

Signed,

Mystery Ink

####

Dear Mystery,

If you can't just ask your friends, maybe it's not the tattoo you need to get rid of.

Edda

Edda Hatte is a loving and sympathetic advice columnist who helps Edhat subscribers navigate through their complicated and stressful lives. Send your questions to askedda@edhat.com.

ROGER DODGER agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 01:39 PM

Just be glad the tatto isn't on your face.

2012-10-13 02:33 PM

You're 10 shades of stupid.

2012-10-13 03:01 PM

Tell us you were in a cab, not driving a car! The initials are DS. Dumb .....you guess the second part. So much for go along to get along, eh DS?

2012-10-13 03:54 PM

Ms Hatte is growing wiser and wiser.

2012-10-13 07:11 PM

What are the initials?

As for what you should do, start saving up for the removal. That's a pretty expensive process.

(BTW, you're a fool. (Just in case you didn't know.))

2012-10-13 07:37 PM

020 for the win!

2012-10-13 07:51 PM

please tell me this whole ask edda thing is fake...

2012-10-13 08:21 PM

Some Edda posts generate interesting discussions. This one is just a bore.

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 08:52 PM

Um... Why not ask your friends what happened, and whose initials you tattooed on your chest. That is, IF this is a real letter. OP can you post a photo of your tattoo? It will be anonymous but will prove that this is a real post.

NATURE BOY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 08:54 PM

Why on EARTH would you not ask your friends, who seem to know what happened, why you got that tattoo and what it meant?? Am i missing something here???

2012-10-13 10:09 PM

Umm, tattoo artists aren't supposed to give tats to people that are wasted and most of the shops take following the laws really seriously because they are licensed. If this is true, which I'm unsure about, then ask your friends what happened and let them know you don't remember. They obviously will know the details.

SHOREBIRD agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 11:06 PM

Just be glad that the tattoo is not on your neck. Then you would have to join a gang, hijack cars, slap women and start knife fights in bars. Those are the neck tattoo rules.

MESARATS agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 11:43 PM

Edda that was a good one line answer. Shorebird ,that was funny. To me, fake or true is irrelevant. If the scenario and and responses are entertaining that is good enough for me.

2012-10-14 01:02 AM

To add to Shorebird's comment, you would also get your mug on Edhat!

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-14 06:20 AM

@SHOREBIRD....hahahahahaaaaa.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-14 07:40 AM

It hurts to read?? Why bother? I enjoy Edda and the responses from edhatters (are the ones who don't pay actually "edhatters"?)

2012-10-14 08:47 AM

A clear sign of too much alcohol.

2012-10-14 02:51 PM

I had something similar happen to me once in West Hollywood. I passed out and the next day I could hardly walk.

2012-10-14 02:56 PM

Much more bizarre things than this have been well-documented to occur when we allow ourselves to become so stinking incapacitated, that our "friends" can easily take advantage of our being in that condition, to do things that either jeopardize our very health and safety, or that are simply deeply embarrassing examples of what utter gigantic morons we can be.

Edda's response was right on the money bonehead!

ELROJO agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-14 09:58 PM

Well, you could always switch from scotch to brandy but I hear that doesn't work too well in most cases.

Or you could become the designated driver in the future.

For the present, perhaps a humble admission that you messed up is in order? And a visit with your doctor for medical advice? Is there any concern about alcohol consumption? Is A.A. in order?

Don't just automatically say no. For some people (read whole families), A.A. Is an amazing lifesaver.

ElRojo

65% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 2 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.