Sonoma Weather: 76.1°F | Humidity: 59% | Pressure: 30.16in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 6.0mph [forecast]

Storm Clouds
updated: Oct 12, 2012, 9:18 AM

By Aquaholic

Yesterdays storm clouds made for some incredible light...just what photographers dream about. Here are a few shots from Shoreline Park and in the Harbor.

2012-10-12 09:49 AM

I generally think you oversaturate your photos way too much, but these have perfect balance. Nice Work!

2012-10-12 09:50 AM

Those colors are amazing. Very nice composition too.

2012-10-12 11:06 AM

I love your photos, but I agree with 36. You are SO talented and don't need to rely on the extra saturation. You have the natural eye and instinct that is very rare, and over saturating, though tempting, can cheapen your true artistry (unless you are selling to a calendar company). Be true to yourself!

2012-10-12 05:04 PM

Beautiful...

BULLSEYEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-12 08:11 PM

Lovely photos, Aqua!

2012-10-13 06:53 AM

I personally don't think she over saturates her photos. She's a very talented photographer, has a great eye and uses very creative and minimal editing in her work.

I wouldn't change a thing!

RDH agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 08:43 AM

Impressive images, the harbor scene is a classic.

2012-10-13 11:07 AM

I love your work just the way you present it! Listen to your heart and keep up the good work. I got caught up in perfect exposure, perfect zones. It's way more fun to make the image the way that you see it. It keeps you separate from the tripod hole shooters.

STACE agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 12:35 PM

Lovely, lovely, lovely. You are an artist...ignore the negative comments and just keep doing what you do best - taking exquisite photos of beautiful places, wildlife and pets and posting them on Edhat for our enjoyment! Thank you.

AQUAHOLIC agree helpful negative off topic

2012-10-13 02:18 PM

Thank you all for the comments. I do love my new hobby! I 'process' my images in Lightroom4, and I've just barely scratched the surface of what that program can do. What you see is pretty minimal 'fixing', and a matter of personal choice, so in that regard I am following my heart and staying true to what I like. In the case of the Harbor/Sea Landing image, it came out of the camera in pretty much that state, I only made a couple of tweaks.

2012-10-13 08:49 PM

You OD us with your photos

2012-10-14 07:23 AM

Wonderful photos, as usual. Ever thought of publishing a photo book of Santa Barbara?

33% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.