OP here- thanks all! We had an amazing trip, if you get a chance, visit Sicily; there is so much to see, and the atmosphere is just a little different than on the mainland.
1) Column in the Imperial Forum, Rome
2) Via Ciancaleoni, Rome - we rented a small loft here for our stay.
3) Colosseum, Rome
4) Norman Castle in Paterno, Sicily (circa 10th c.). There are three in this general area.
5) Old Quarter, Siracusa, Sicily
6) Cathedral built on an old Temple to Minerva, Siracusa, Sicily
7) Street Art, Cavour Metro Station, Rome.